Electrification of Port of Miami Cranes 7-10
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
PMCM RFP No. 2012.02
Port of Miami Project No. 2008.152.02(a)
Proposal Due Date: November 21, 2011 at 15:30 EDT (Miami, Florida, USA)
Pre-bid Meeting Date: November 9, 2011 at 1:00pm (Local Time)
Location: Sealed Technical Qualifications and Price Proposal packages are to be submitted to Port of Miami Crane Management, Inc., (PMCM) at: Port of Miami, 1015 N. America Way, 2nd Floor Front Desk, Miami, FL 33132 USA
Announcement Info: Port of Miami Crane Management, Inc., (PMCM aka Crane Management) announces that construction services are needed for the termination of 13.2 kiloVolt feeders within switchgear in an existing switchgear room and in underground pits serving existing dockside (ship-to-shore) container handling gantry cranes (Quay Cranes) as required by this RFP.
- Scope of Services: The scope of these services includes but is not limited to furnishing of all labor, materials and testing as specified in RFP 2012.02 package. The Work to be provided includes but is not limited to:
Termination of all existing 13.2 kV feeders and crane trailing cables at Cable Pit 1 and termination of 13.2 kV feeders in Main Substation switchgear room. The Crane Electrification at Wharf 1-2 (POM project no. 2008.152.01) was performed under Permit No. 2011025183 and was completed on September 7, 2011, at Cable Pit 1 and Main Substation switchgear room by others without the termination.
- Equipment intended to become a part of the finished Work and all materials will be furnished by Owner.
- Energizing of the power to equipment for Cranes 7 through 10. The existing feeder breakers at the Main Substation switchgear room for Cranes 7–10 will require the contractor to supply a certified ABB representative to inspect the breakers for functionality and to program relay trip settings.
- Completion of the Fiber Optic Links to Cranes 7-10: Fiber optic cable termination and the installation of fiber optic cable splice closures, including all labor, tools, and equipment required to accomplish the Work. All fiber optic cable installation between the Port of Miami Substation and Pit #1 was performed under Permit Number 2011056531 and was completed on September 7, 2011, at Cable Pit 1 and Main Substation junction box by others without terminations.
- Each existing Crane 7–10 will have a Kirk Key system installed. The Owner will furnish the Kirk Key system devices and keys. The Contractor shall install the Kirk Key system devices required at the switchgear in the Main Substation switchgear room, in the existing switchgear corresponding to Cranes 7- 10. After installation, Contractor shall verify that the Kirk Key system functions as intended.
Experience and Qualifications: The Proposer must confirm in its proposal that the proposing company and proposer’s personnel to work on this project shall have successfully completed two (2) separate crane electrification projects of the same type, similar operating Voltage and magnitude as the Work required by this RFP and/or similar project as determined by PMCM. Preference will be given to Proposers with crane electrification experience that have successfully completed their projects. Their experience must be noted in detail to include description of previous crane electrification work performed, including reference contact persons.
Additional details and requirements are specified in the RFP package.
Miscellaneous: The package will be available on November 2, 2011. To obtain the RFP package and/or submit any questions regarding this procurement, please contact Gyselle Pino at email@example.com or 001-305-347-4833.
A “Cone of Silence” is imposed by PMCM upon advertisement of the RFP and terminates at the time Crane Management issues a written notification of intent to award contract. The Cone of Silence prohibits communication regarding the RFP or bids between potential vendors, service providers, bidders, lobbyists or consultants and Crane Management’s professional staff including, but not limited to Crane Management employees and Crane Management’s Consultant. The Cone of Silence also extends to those individuals of agencies supporting the Company in this solicitation.